Actually I believe that the 'concerned' group is right. Not only do each
of our sysplexes have its own unique RACF data base, one 'bronze-plex'
full-function parallel sysplex has two different RACF data bases. This is
because a while back we bolted together a development plex and a Tier 2
production plex for software licensing reasons. Access rules for the
development system are not necessarily appropriate for the production
system, so we've kept two RACF data bases.

What you *cannot* do is share two RACF data bases via coupling facility
structures. On the other hand, you *can* share some systems via CF and
leave the other(s) non-shared. In our case, we're fortunate to have only
one production system in this sysplex, so he is non-shared. The
development systems can then use CF structures for themselves.

If you have to share two or more systems in the traditional non-CF manner,
you take some performance hit, but it's mainly a management headache.
Remember the bad old days when you had to follow up a profile update with
a REFRESH on all sharing systems? You're back there again--but only if you
have 2+ non-CF systems.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson