On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 09:44:13 -0400, John Eells wrote:

>IEBCOPY COPYMOD, though, has no trouble at all reblocking load modules
>that are "blocked at"* 32760, and behaves in much the same way the
>Binder does.  ...

I had thought that IEBCOPY invokes Binder under-the-covers, so
I'd expect very similar behavior.

>* Both the Binder and IEBCOPY use the block size only to set the maximum
>size of a text block to be written, and write shorter ones under some
>conditons.  All the other records are typically written in short blocks.

And I believe that Binder is one of very few IBM utilities that employs
track balancing, reblocking to exploit residual space in a track.  I don't
believe that QSAM, for example, generally does this.

-- gil