Yes, I have a guest account for this project. The plus of using HLASM and
CEEPIPI is that I can keep the LE environment "active" even when the HLASM
interface program returns to REXX. If I use a C main routine, unless I am
mistaken, that when it returns, the LE environment will be destroyed. Being
the weirdo that I am, I try to save every millisecond of CPU that I can. So
using HLASM / CEEPIPI might result in a fair amount of savings if someone
uses the interface heavily in some REXX routine.

What I'm trying to figure out how to do is something akin to what ISPF and
SDSF do with their "ADDRESS ISPEXEC" and "ADDRESS SDSF". I want to create
an "ADDRESS PCRE". But I've ever and only been a sysprog. Not a developer.
I can develop code fairly well. But doing _design_, especially on a
conceptual level, is not a strong skill of mine.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:52 AM, David Crayford <dcrayf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26/07/2013 9:56 AM, John McKown wrote:
>
>> I'm still trying to look at how I might due a REXX interface to PCRE. But
>> I'm not sleeping well due to a sick dog and so just don't have much extra
>> energy after work. I do now have access to a remote system with a C
>> license. But I might actually find it easier to us HLASM and a CEEPIPI
>> environment, rather than C.
>>

> John, bite the bullet and hack a bit of C. It's easy, especially if you
> already know assembler! Did some kind soul offer the use of their system?
>

>    On Jul 25, 2013 8:43 PM, "Ze'ev Atlas" <zatl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Gentlemen
>>> The example and explanations are exactly what I needed to give me the
>>> head
>>> start (and now I can go to the manual and have some better understanding
>>> of
>>> details if I need them :)
>>>
>>> I caught the SYSUT1/SYSUT2 issue and assumed right away that it was a
>>> typo.
>>>
>>> Thank you so much
>>>
>>> Now - with your help, adding the functionality of deciding what type of
>>> file I am looking at (using fldata) and sending it to the correct piece
>>> of
>>> code seems much less intimidating.  HFS files and flat files will pretty
>>> much go to the existing Unix oriented code and dealing with PDS is pretty
>>> much coded and tested.  I will try to code the additional functions in
>>> most
>>> generic way and since it is open source, it probably could be used all
>>> over.
>>>
>>> It will be shipped with the next version of PCRE for z/OS project.
>>>
>>> Ze'ev Atlas
>>> PCRE for z/OS Open Source project
>>>
>>> Volunteers are welcome
>>>
>>> Still in need for analyzing, designing and implementing Rexx interface!

>>> For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
>>> send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown