On 7/26/2013 7:19 AM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:
In <51f14a3a.9090...@phoenixsoftware.com>, on 07/25/2013
    at 08:54 AM, Ed Jaffe <edja...@phoenixsoftware.com> said:

SMP/E is not a self-contained, APF authorized program. It invokes
various utilities (in fact, any program you choose!) that were
*never*  intended to run authorized and therein lies the problem.
Perhaps a requirement that SMP/E attach utilities with RSAPF=YES, with
appropriate housekeeping, would address the issue. Part of it would
have to be using a storage key nor available to the utilities.

I had not thought of that, but I agree it's certainly worth considering as an alternative to unauthorized SMP/E.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc