On 15/08/2013 11:04 AM, Ted MacNEIL wrote:
are limited by their sysprogs in whatever they can or cannot do (up to the
point of not having any say in what compiler option they could or could not use
in their COBOL applications.)
Their SYSPROGs have too much power!
Applications Programmers are there to facilitate the business.
So are SYSPROGs!
Which means they facilitate apps.
NOT set arbitrary rules!

Well said! I've been lucky in that I've never worked at a customer site which had such stupid rules. In fact it's always been the other way round where the application folks had the power. SYSPROGs and service delivery were seen as money spenders, not money makers.

-
Ted MacNEIL
eamacn...@yahoo.ca
Twitter: @TedMacNEIL