There is a restaurant near me here, just west of Boston in the United
States, that serves 'fusion cuisine', its dishes are a mixture of the
ingredients and techniques of Greek, Indochinese, and French cuisine.

Some of these dishes are successful, but too many are not: their menu
descriptions read well, but they do not really work.

Analogously, combining attractive features from UNIX and [different]
attractive features from z/OS may sometimes yield a viable, powerful
new facility.  Often, however, it will not; and Shmuel is right to be
concerned about and suspicious of the semantics of such 'unholy
combinations'.

Ze'ev appears to me to want to graft what are essentially interactive,
conversational facilities onto JCL, which is a batch facility.  This
may well be possible, but doing it will require careful thought and
much experimentation/evolutionary operation.

Meanwhile, psittacism featuring the numbers 8 and 44 will not be
helpful.  They are not really the problem.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA