Never manually delete a product without going thru SMP/E. I'm not familiar with
BDT so lets say you wanted to delete C/C++. They are dependant upon LE. The
next time an LE PTF has a COREQ for a C/C++ PTF, you will be screwed. Using
SMP/E function delete is the only recommended method to delete a product.  As
someone mentioned earlier, you should check for cross product dependencies but
if you did miss something, then you can just re-install the product.

Jon Perryman.