In <9111247477380775.wa.dpewenbellsouth....@listserv.ua.edu>, on
03/03/2014
   at 05:51 PM, Douglas P Ewen <dpe...@bellsouth.net> said:

>Although I have APF authorized the program that tries to update
>the que (sic)

How?

>Is there anyway to allow a program to successfully issue the MODESET
>SVC under ISPF?

Yes. Before doing that, have you considered setting up a PC interface
for adding elements to the queue?

ISPF is subject to the same rules as any other TSO application; in
order to run authorized code, it has to use the relevant TSO services.
The easiest way is to package the code in a TSO command that is
defined to TSO as authorised and to include an ISPMTCM macro for the
command with the appropriate FLAG, e.g., FLAG=X'22'..