On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 18:14:00 -0600, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 3 Mar 2014 19:05:29 -0500, Micheal Butz wrote:
>
>>Is your program in a APF authorized library link edit with AC=1
>>
>>You can also use the SPKA instruction if the The only thing you desire to do
>>is change the PSW storage key
>>
>Additionally: see:
>

> http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r12/topic/com.ibm.zos.r12.ikjb400/usmi.htm
>
>to run authorized under TSO, a program must be named in the AUTHPGM NAMES( ...
>)
>section of SYS1.PARMLIB(IKJTSOxx).  ISPF may impose further constraints.
>
>I have no idea why APF authorized library and link edit with AC=1 alone don't
>suffice.

In part because, depending on what the APF-authorized program does, it can be
dangerous to allow it to run under TSO, or dangerous to allow it to run with
certain forms of parameter list.

And, I think, in part for performance. If a program is not in the table then
the TMP does not need to figure out whether the program is in an APF-authorized
library and linked AC(1), it can simply invoke it using ATTACH or LINK, without
needing to setup the special protections needed for running APF-authorized
programs under TSO.

And in part for function, since a program invoked in the method required for
APF-authorized programs is in some ways limited in what it can do (it can't
interact with ISPF, for example, without special coding in the program).

--
Walt