On 27/03/2014 14:40, Ed Gould wrote:
This is not quite the same but something remotely similar.
A LONG time ago (GT 40) years a vendor who thought he as clever needed
to store a jobname in low memory.

That's why I specified using standard, documented interfaces. It might be as simple as name/token services. I'm not sure what options you have to store something that lasts longer than the address space if you are not APF authorized, but in that case you shouldn't be able to do damage either.

There are many products out there that hook into the systems in ways that are not documented or supported by IBM to perform thier core functionality. This is equally as dangerous (or more) than something simply storing a value somewhere. Most sysprogs would have some experience with one or another vendor product causing a problem with its hooks. That core function is probably more reason to be cautious with an evaluation than the method of tracking the evaluation period.

Andrew Rowley

--
and...@blackhillsoftware.com
+61 413 302 386