A bit OT for this, but I buy e-books (PDF) from a publisher who has some
really good stuff. It is not DRM'ed. But what the publisher does is take my
order on the Web. And I must pay for it with a credit card. No big deal.
But that means that he knows my name. A short time later, I get an email
with a URL to download my book(s). And on each page of that book is a lower
border which says somthing like: "This book was purchased by John McKown
for his use. Please don't steal!"

No, it won't stop a criminal. But, really, how many criminals are going to
buy a customized book and resell it? Especially a technical programming
book. I think it is rather clever.

--
There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown