On 6/2/2014 11:01 AM, Skip Robinson wrote:
Early in my career I developed a habit when writing ASM code. In 'working
storage', code DS/DC fields in this order unless some other structural
sequence is required: double words first, then full words, half words, and
finally character (C or X) fields of whatever length. Most macros generate
their own alignment instructions. Always heed alignment warnings from the
assembler.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
jo.skip.robin...@sce.com

I do that also when I am allocating the storage area. Unfortunately, some of the things that I code need to run with Language Environment and needs to use the LE stack. The LE stack is NOT guaranteed to be allocated on a doubleword boundary. It is on a byte boundary basis, and yes, I have seen it allocated at .......1 or .....7. That type of code is when I need to do as I proposed.

Lloyd