Am 05.07.2014 19:22, schrieb Anne & Lynn Wheeler:

back before OCO (object code only) enormous amounts of innovation and
new stuff was done by customers and/or ibm support people onsite at
customer accounts ... which then morphs into IBM products ... CICS, IMS,
HASP, ASP, etc.  The joke was that products were *developed* at customer
sites and then turned over to development groups for maintenance and
support. Only focusing on the next quarter basically orientates to
static environment with little innovation or change.

There is still some market for products to be developed at
customer sites, for example DB2 related tools ... the existing DB2 utilities
which are part of the DB2 product focus on DB2 admins' needs.
The application people need tools that enable them to do fast unload/reloads
of test data in different formats and to support them when migrating data
from different sources or when doing structurals changes to the DB2 tables etc.

I've built such tools for my customer, and they are used not only in
test environments but also in production batch runs. There are no
tools with similar function and power from IBM. The IBM/DB2 support
for application development could be much better; because it is not,
we jump in.

Kind regards

Bernd