Tom, are you sure about that i7 processor spec?  I believe the i7 is a 4-core
processor, not a 6-core processor.  And if you turn off hiperthreading it
really is only 4 cores, not the 8 cores you seem to have with hiperthreading
turned on.

Plus, I read this in the specs for the hardware supported by RD&T:

Processor core requirement:

At least 1 Linux core is required for each set of 3 z/OS cores implemented.

For standard installations, IBM recommends a 4-Core system with 1 core devoted
to linux and 3 cores devoted to z/OS.

For Sysplex installations, IBM recommends an 11-Core system with 3 cores
devoted to linux and 8 cores devoted to z/VM and its guests.

AFAIK ordinary people don't have access to an 11-core system.  That would
require a "PC" with four i7 CPU's on the motherboard, and I don't know of any
such "PC" motherboard out there.

Does that mean RD&T cannot really support a "Sysplex installation"?

Peter