This message is less informative that it should be.

The  value +32767 is of course the [decimal] capacity of a signed
binary halfword, and what we notionally have here is an instance of
control-block field overflow; but I suspect that this message is an
artefact of the use of IEFBR14---As Elardus has already pointed out,
it does nothing itself and wots not of VSAM---to trigger the deletion
of a VSAM dataset identified in a JCL DD statement.

Use IDCAMS instead!

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA