LUA could use some good tutorials or at least some more samples of code.
The reference manual is no help for someone trying to learn the language.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John Gilmore
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 10:40 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [ANN] Lua4z: the Lua programming language on z/OS, with batteries

Like landing at Thanet, having Lua usable under z/OS UNIX is "a good thing".
It may make its way against REXX, or again it may not.

The matrix-algebra test case is not, however, an appropriate one for the
comparative evaluation of these two implementations of Lua and REXX.  It is not
indeed a good test case for the evaluation of any scripting language.  (The
notion that either REXX or Lua is a general-purpose programming language
reflects a very specialized point of view.  It may be a splendid vehicle for
what and all that one is personally interested in, but that is a very different
matter.)

David Crayford deserves our thanks for making Lua available, and his
enthusiasm is entirely understandable.   Assuming that this
implementation is used, as I hope it will be, we shall know better a year or so
hence just how much better it is than the REXX implementation he deplores.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA