On 28/10/2014 4:20 AM, John McKown wrote:
This is likely a silly question. Does lua4z use HFP (zArch) or BFP (IEEE)
floating point? If I had to guess, I'd _guess_ HFP.

You guessed wrong :). Lua numbers are double precision IEEE BFP. This did cause some problems. For example, the DB2 ODBC driver only supports HFP so I had to do manual
conversions in LuaSQL.