On Oct 29, 2014, at 6:44 PM, Gibney, Dave wrote:
---------------------- SNIP----------------------------------------------------------------- --------- From the comment it could have been a dataset that didn't have a local
standard name.
I had a standard (DASD) that if it didn't have a valid dsorg it was deleted. I
regularly went through and deleted them.

25 years ago or more, so did I. With SMS, HSM and DSROG via a DEFAULT DATACLAS, I don't have to do this manual deletion of obvious errors.

Ahhh the luxury of SMS I could have done so as well, BTW it was not a manual effort but a production job that ran once a day (DMS) and it was fully automatic.

I disliked DMS for a lot of reasons but it did have a lot of features that it took DFDSS 25+ years to catch up up with There are still quite a few items that DFDSS hasn't caught up with but thats a different horse to flog . Although I was reading an article about Z/ os and there are a few things percolating up the like dynamic DASD and the like that will make us wonder why it took so long.

Ed