I don't think so.
Or if you are right then there are some big issues in the next few years that IBM's own products won't be able to support. As an example IBM semi announced that "soon" there will be dynamic storage(DASD) expansion and it will be done with volser (ex ABC001,ABC002 etc etc) ie adding volsers without having to update the ACS routines and DFDSS statements/ or DD JCL and this will apparently include DFHSM and any other product that needs Backup/restore "generic" volsers. DMS had this ability *LONG TIME AGO*. I don't see any issue about integrity with items like that (in fact our DASD boss when the MSS came in worked with the DMS people to support the concept of MVSGRP in DMS, IBM never did it.

Ed