Oh boy, did someone go off on a tangent.

Let me throw in my $0.02 on this:

#1. YES, the RDW (4 bytes) MUST BE included in the length specified in LRECL=
#2. From the MVS JCL Reference:  the value of LRECL is either: "1 to 32,760 for
non-VSAM data sets." Or " 1 to 32,761 for VSAM key-sequenced (KS),
entry-sequenced (ES), or relative record (RR) data sets. (LRECL does not apply
to VSAM linear space, RECORG=LS, data sets.)"

So specifying 32,767  exceeds the maximum allowed, just as the error message
states.

Al Nims
Systems Admin/Programmer 3
Information Technology