From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Dean Montevago
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2015 7:35 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: what is the diffenet between volcount and Dynamic Volume Count

Using volcount creates the UCB entries in the catalog at allocation taking up
space in the catalog upfront, where DVC creates the UCB as an additional volume
is needed. I set volcount to 1 and specify a value for DVC, and have not had
any issues. I too am looking for the reason why you would choose volcount over
DVC.

--

Dean Montevago