Hi,

hope someone can help. I try to understand how a SMF RDW works. Basically I
have no problems to understand „the whole thing“ as long as the record is not
„spanned“. To make it clearer: For example a RDW (first 4 Bytes) of
„33.14.01.00“. OK, x’3314’ tells me that the record is 13.076 Bytes long, but
how to deal with the remaining part the „0100“? The only thing I know is that
the record is spanned actually. Does this mean that the next 256 Bytes „after“
the first 13.076 Bytes belong together or how is this calculated?!

My question does not belong to a dedicated programming language or to a
specific record format. I just want to understand „how“.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Uwe