From:   Peter Hunkeler <p...@gmx.ch>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   16/01/2015 06:33
Subject:        AW: Re: SMF RDW
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

>>I just want to understand ?how?.
 >Why?

I genrally say there is no stupid question, but this one is an exception.
There is no use in asking why someone wants to understand how something
works. The OP stated that he would like to get a deeper understanding.
That should suffice to provide information if available instead tring
trying to get justification on the why.

No offence intended, Elardus, but you just did answer in a similar way to
my query yesterday. I clearly stated that I'm curious to understand how
OPEN works. I'm a curious guy.

> I'm asking because you can't use RDW directly with standard methods.

So you don't consider BSAM a standard way of working with data? I do not
say it is used very often in all days programming, but I still consider
this a standard method. And you do, well actually you must deal with RDWs
and even BDWs yourself.

--
Peter Hunkeler

Unless stated otherwise above: