I have a job stream that contains several relatively simple JOINKEYS steps. I need to expand the scope of this job by adding some input files and writing some specific constants in the output data.

Specifically:

1. I would like to be able to JOIN more than 2 input files in a single job step. I'm currently doing this by using additional job steps.

2. I would like to be able to write constants in the output file. The REFORMAT statement accepts the usual P,M as well as a fill byte value. I would like the ability to specify constants as the OUTREC statement allows. I currently am formatting blanks in the output file by finding them in either the F1 or F2. Obviously this is not a reliable method.

Opinions?