On 2015-02-25, at 09:06, Staller, Allan wrote:

> There are operands on the accept command that should allow the many-to-one
> relationship between target and dlib zones. IIRC, the command is accept
> nopurge (haven't looked it up recently).
> The accept would be run 3 times. Twice w/nopurge and once with no operand to
> clear the global zone.

So the sequence is:

    APPLY MAINT

    ACCEPT NOPURGE

    APPLY DEV

    ACCEPT NOPURGE

    APPLY PROD

    ACCEPT PURGE

Are there no adverse consequences of having the DLIB zone at a higher service
level than the PROD target, a transient state between steps?

Given the large capacity and low price of modern DASD (and that SMP/E now
supports multiple SMPPTS (am I correct?), circumventing the archaic limits
on PDE(E) size), how valuable is PURGE?  I could envision a problem's
appearing only after ACCEPT; RESTORE is not possible (bad design, IMO).
If the GLOBAL were entire, one could define a new target/DLIB pair and
iteratively bisect the service stream to find the troublesome PTF.  Or,
install ab ovo and APPLY selectively -- I can do that hourly during development
testing (but it's a small product).

VMSES/E makes this easier by having no analogue of a DLIB zone.  A programmer
can peel off onion layers iteratively to get to any desired earlier level.

-- gil