Hi Alan -

These are JES3-managed tapes, so SMS isn't involved there.

And as far as requiring TSO... I'm not 100% sure, but I know that they execute
DB2 PLANS that way.  But if we do need to re-engineer the job, we could
certainly consider calling the COBOL program from a REXX, if that would help.

Larre

Is it possible that the SMS ACS routines are not handling the dynamic
tape allocation properly?

Another thought is does the step require TSO? If TSO is not required and
the program can be called from REXX, can the step execute IRXJCL instead
of IKJEFT1A?

Alan