I don't see this as dynamic vs. static. It's about TSO vs. non-TSO. The
authority to mount a tape has always been associated with each individual
userid. It's an attribute of the userid in UADS. It's a profile in the TSOAUTH
class to which the userid must have READ access. 'Foreground' or 'background',
mount must be authorized by userid.

The historical basis for this requirement is not hard to guess. Imagine a time
when tapes were handled by people scrambling around on roller skates. A TSO
user could finger-check a data set name and send a tape jockey hurtling across
a cavernous room to grab a volume not even wanted; meanwhile the user is stuck
on the clock wondering why the computer went dead, hollering at the help desk
about terrible response time. I would have disallowed tape mounts then. They're
still disallowed now by default.

Just understand that if your personal userid acquires mount authority, you
might become the user described above.

.
.
.