Hi Lizette -

Thanks for the suggestions.  I do have a SLIP dump that IBM is working from...
but I guess I need to get them focused on the failure a bit more.  Otherwise, I
checked all of the usual suspects and there is no "environmental" issue that is
preventing the tape mount.  This appears to be an issue with some bits in the
PSCB--at least from the preliminary information that I have.

The APAR you mentioned does not appear to be applicable--we do have that
installed.

Larre

You need to find out why the tape did not mount.
You can use RMF to get the enqueues to see what might have been going on at the
time of the allocation.
You can check syslog when the batch job ran and see if there are any message
for the dataset or volser.
You can check to see if you have enough tape drives when the job ran to mount
the tape.

See if this apar is applicable.
PM76846: IKJ56221I VOLUME IS ALLOCATED TO ANOTHER JOB OR USER, TRY LATER
INZI330E DYNAMIC ALLOCATION FAILED

Check to see if all maint is installed for DB2 and z/OS for this error message.

Lizette