At 12:40 -0500 on 04/01/2015, Larre Shiller wrote about dynamic allocation for tape using TSO in batch:

We have a production batch job that executes DB2 and a COBOL program using TSO in batch (IKJEFT1A). The COBOL program dynamically allocates DASD data sets as input using PUTENV and standard COBOL SELECT and OPEN statements. The COBOL program uses the CATALOG to get the data set names it is interested in uses the DSN to do the OPEN. This has been working for years. Unfortunately, some of the input data sets chaned from DASD data sets to TAPE data sets and the job is now getting "failure to allocate" messages:

I am going to think outside the box by asking how many of the needed datasets ended up on TAPE in lieu of DASD? It might be simpler to solve the problem by duping the TAPE datasets to DASD and cataloging the DASD version under the TAPE version's name. Also find out WHY the datasets that were supposed to be on DASD ended up on TAPE.