On 6 Apr 2015 14:27:21 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>IMHO, You are not clueless, just unlucky to have to support applications
>developers and application management as unprofessional as those you seem to
>have.
>
>I have never heard of nor worked for any organization that would tolerate even
>for a minute an application group or application management that implemented a
>production change that brought down a production CICS region.  At any
>organization which has employed me, that would be grounds for at least a
>severe reprimand, and likely a performance-review-related probationary period
>with negative consequences for subsequent salary raises, and for an egregious
>or repeated occurrence immediate promotion to the pavement.

In this environment, I would suggest that the problems may also
include as yet unrecognized wrong results.  I would want to know how
this got into production because these problems should have shown up
in test.  Someone who is good at application debugging and understands
the performance issues should be assigned to getting this under
control.  The scenario described scares me from a business point of
view.  If your organization doesn't employ someone with the
appropriate skills (a major shortcoming if it is of any size), I could
consult since my background is COBOL and assembler programming with a
focus on debugging and performance improvement.  Presumably they could
get someone cheaper since I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada but it would be a
fun assignment and I would want to do knowledge transfer since I like
living where I am.

Clark Morris