A friend of mine that does contract work, was engaged to tweak a CICS
transaction.  He could only shave .1 second off of the time.  1/10 sec

However, the transaction was called millions of times, saved the company from
upgrading their hardware, reduced their 4hr rolling average which saved
software costs.

And all for 1/10 second reduction in the CICS trans run time.  Tuning programs
have benefits.

Amazing.

Lizette