On Apr 13, 2015, at 6:01 PM, Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:

I may not have stated that as I meant it - I did try to indicate my meaning by using "that . . . horse *of yours* . . .", intending to mean just him and not all. Not well written, mea culpa, but it was a rant.

I have encountered other systems programmers of that type throughout my career, but by no means are all systems programmers like that. Some have even been friends.

The general attitude towards all application programmers that he displayed just p***ed me off, and sometimes I let that get out when I should probably hold my (virtual) tongue.

Peter

Peter:
I always had more or less good interactions with sysprogs as well except at one place these people used to split hairs like you wouldn't believe. I was asked to get the LE parms that the CICS people wanted. I sent an email to them requesting the information and was hopped all over as I shouldn't have given them the basic LE parms it was up to them to tell us exactly what they wanted. Another time a sysprog got in a screaming match over the name of a cobol library that comes with CICS. I was not comfortable working in that environment and I was happy to get out of it.

Ed