On 2015-05-12 14:18, Thomas Conley wrote:

> No YES exit needed, but I will bet a nickel that the user profile is set to
> NOINTERCOM, NOWTPMSG, or both.  TSO PROFILE INTERCOM WTPMSG, and it should
> work.

Recently I discovered that if my 3270 OMVS session is hanging on an
INPUT prompt while I type a comand the arrival of an unsolicited
message steals the screen and loses my partial input.  I was tempted
to submit a PMR on the lost data.  But given what you say, I'd expect
Support to simply say, "WAD; solution is PROFILE NOINTERCOM NOWTPMSG".

And many decades ago, I learned that the notification is issued at
the beginning of transmission, not at completion.  I could issue
the RECEIVE command when I got the notification and get "NO FILES
AVAILABLE".  PMR; WAD; "That's when the EXIT is entered"; with a
snarky comment from Support that the TRANSMIT facility was not
intended for such as "War and Peace".

-- gil