On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, 31 May 2015 19:03:23 -0400, Thomas Conley wrote:
> >>
> >> An example of how IBM hardware design outpaces its software design.
> >> A couple decades after an IBM terminal supported multiple sessions,
> >> ISPF doesn't support a user's having multiple sessions.
> >
> >Incorrect.  ISPF supports multiple user sessions as of z/OS V2R1.
> >However, the only 'sploiter Luthy, is z/OSMF.
> >
> How do I get past the
>
>      IKJ56425I LOGON rejected, UserId USER already logged on to system MVS
>
> ... in order to start an additional TSO session in order to start an
> additional
> ISPF session?
>
> The term "only [ex]ploiter" implies severe limitations.

​_You_ cannot because, IIRC, you are not a sysprog who can install exits.
Either the IKJEFLD or IKJEFLD1 exit ​can be used to set the "Don't ENQ" bit
in the control switches. Normally, TSO does a ENQ on your RACF id as a
resource name and a queue name of SYSIKJUA. This is what is used by TSO to
prevent multiple logons to the same ID. In my shop, I have an RNL which
changes this ENQ from a SYSTEMS (sysplex wide) ENQ to a SYSTEM (individual
image) ENQ __for specific RACF ids__. Basically what this does is allow
Production Control and Tech Services, but no one else, to log on to each
system image in the sysplex concurrently.

What just occurred to me is that an APF authorized program (either batch or
TSO, whichever) could be coded so that _authorized_ people could run it and
have it release the ENQ issued by TSO so that they could logon on for a
second time. Of course, this may cause the LOGOFF processor to abend if it
tried to do an unconditional DEQ of the user id. There were previous posts,
years ago, about why the IBM TSO people did this. IIRC, it was mainly due
to some serious serialization problems and this ENQ was a fast patch which
never was addressed. Mainly because many view TSO as a resource hog any
way. Especially back in MVT days.

ref:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ikj4b4a0/3.3.11.6.1

> -- gil

My sister opened a computer store in Hawaii. She sells C shells down by the
seashore.

If someone tell you that nothing is impossible:
Ask him to dribble a football.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown