Yes by DEFAULT SDSF sets the console id to the userid but you can changed the
console ID for each system using the OPTIONS from SDSF main panel.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lucas Rosalen
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 3:37 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Question on 3270 Devices

Hey Tom,

Read your article. VERY nice I must say!
I know this is from 2012, so I guess now with z/OS 2.1 the issue below has
been fixed, right? Now each ULOG session has its own ID if I recall it
correctly....

" SDSF also has an issue with multiple logon. A user logged on to SYSA goes
into SDSF LOG/ULOG, then logs on to SYSB and enters SDSF LOG/ULOG. If the
user issues a command on SYSB from SDSF, the command response won’t appear
in the SYSB LOG/ULOG; it appears in the SYSA ULOG. By default, SDSF sets
the Extended Multiple Console Support (EMCS) console id to userid, so all
command output is routed to the system first establishing the console id."

Regards and keep up the good job!
On Jun 1, 2015 4:06 PM, "Thomas Conley" <pinnc...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> On 6/1/2015 9:45 AM, John McKown wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Paul Gilmartin <
>> 0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

>>>       IKJ56425I LOGON rejected, UserId USER already logged on to system
>>> MVS
>>>
>>> ... in order to start an additional TSO session in order to start an
>>> additional
>>> ISPF session?
>>>
>>> The term "only [ex]ploiter" implies severe limitations.
>>>

>> ​_You_ cannot because, IIRC, you are not a sysprog who can install exits.
>> Either the IKJEFLD or IKJEFLD1 exit ​can be used to set the "Don't ENQ"
>> bit
>> in the control switches. Normally, TSO does a ENQ on your RACF id as a
>> resource name and a queue name of SYSIKJUA. This is what is used by TSO to
>> prevent multiple logons to the same ID. In my shop, I have an RNL which
>> changes this ENQ from a SYSTEMS (sysplex wide) ENQ to a SYSTEM (individual
>> image) ENQ __for specific RACF ids__. Basically what this does is allow
>> Production Control and Tech Services, but no one else, to log on to each
>> system image in the sysplex concurrently.
>>
>> What just occurred to me is that an APF authorized program (either batch
>> or
>> TSO, whichever) could be coded so that _authorized_ people could run it
>> and
>> have it release the ENQ issued by TSO so that they could logon on for a
>> second time. Of course, this may cause the LOGOFF processor to abend if it
>> tried to do an unconditional DEQ of the user id. There were previous
>> posts,
>> years ago, about why the IBM TSO people did this. IIRC, it was mainly due
>> to some serious serialization problems and this ENQ was a fast patch which
>> never was addressed. Mainly because many view TSO as a resource hog any
>> way. Especially back in MVT days.
>>
>> ref:
>>
>> http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ikj4b4a0/3.3.11.6.1
>>

> John,
>
> Good points all, but Gil wants to have multiple ISPF sessions on the same
> LPAR.  TSO currently doesn't support that natively, it's only supported in
> z/OSMF.
>
> I'm surprised that you limit multiple concurrent logons in the sysplex to
> just a handful of id's.  I'm curious why you don't take advantage of shared
> profiles for your entire ISPF community.  I've done a lot of work on this
> subject, so it's near and dear to my heart.  You can find the gory details
> here http://tinyurl.com/prnmh48.
>
> Regards,
> Tom Conley

CNA SURETY voted the #1 Carrier for Surety Bonds by PROPERTYCASUALTY360 Survey

NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments and appended messages,
is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and
legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution,
copying, storage or other use of all or any portion of this message is strictly
prohibited.
If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by
reply e-mail and delete this message in its entirety.