We haven't had a NIP console coded in the IODF for many years, probably since
'Operating System Messages' function on HMC was finally updated enough to be
fairly usable.  Early IPL messages are still available on HMC in case of
problems, otherwise the rest of the MCS consoles become active before much
operator/sysprog interaction is required.

Dana