From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jorge Garcia
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 6:58
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Share IODF in different sysplex same CPC

Hello:

 We are involved in a new proyect with the target of add three new system
(monoplex) in our configuration. Our actual configuration is: one production
sysplex with four lpar, one test sysplex with two lpars and next year another
three systems in monoplex. Now, when we activate a new configuration, first
build IOCDS, dynamic activation in the production sysplex and then execute a
ipl in the test systems (the IODF device is the same). The test sysplex doesn't
share GRS with the production sysplex and the test systems can't view the IODF
dataset, but the test systems load the IODF in ipl time and works fine.
Next year we want to share the same IODF all the systems, but in the new
systems in monoplex can't do ipl because are production systems.
Our question is. Which is the best way for transmit the production IODF to
these new systems and then execute a dynamic activation?. HCD transmit?. FTP?.
Another way?.

Jorge Garcia Juanino
Gerente sistemas z/OS
ACTP – DIAC – Operación y Soporte EMEA
MAPFRE
Avenida del Talgo 100-103 – 3ª Planta
CP 28023 Madrid
Tel. 91 581 27 34, Movil 464196/618333559
jgarc...@mapfre.com