Sharing without serialization can lead to errors. It's even worse with PDSE
outside Sysplex

On the other hand, here where there are only two of us who could possibly
update the IODF (and I usually leave it to the other guy)
We get away with it. But we only have four monoplexes and carefully limit
sharing. I may break me, but I will rarely break the system :)
If I was running a larger installation, or more sysprogs stirring the soup, I
would completely agree with Skip and Tom