On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 13:13:32 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:

>> the syntax of STIMER macro provides no way to specify a time past midnight
>
>Au contraire (assuming "STIMER" includes STIMERM). I issue
>
>         STIMERM SET,LT=MIDNITE,EXIT=POP_MIDNITE,ID=ID_MIDNITE,        +
>               ERRET=ERR_MIDNITE,PARM=AWORKAR,MF=(E,STIMERML_SET)
>
>all the time, where
>
>MIDNITE  DC    CL8'00000100'       Midnight + 1 second 00:00:01.00

I hadn't known that, nor was I able to suss it out from the Manual.  May
I assume that if you issue your command at 00:00:00.5, the timer pops
in another 0.5 seconds, which may or may not be what you intend.

Ugly.  If STIMER LT is issued close enough to the requested time it's
unpredictable, depending on code path and dispatchability, whether
it waits for 0.01 second or 863399.99 seconds.

Ugly; ugly!  If the request is for an interval, just add it to the TOD
value and load the Clock Comparator.

If the request is for LT or GMT, compare to current time,  If the
requested time is less than the current time, add a day.

If GMT, adjust for leap seconds when they occur.

If LT, adjust for leap seconds and Daylight Saving Time boundaries
when they occur.

My head hurts.

-- gil