On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 8:12 AM, David Crayford <dcrayf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI, If you are interested in the most efficient JSON parser out there
> check out jsmn (jasmine) http://zserge.com/jsmn.html. It's an incredibly
> simple low level API that does no memory allocations and is a thing of
> absolute beauty. Ironically,  simple APIs are always hard to design. Here's
> an example of how to use it
> http://alisdair.mcdiarmid.org/2012/08/14/jsmn-example.html. I compiled
> this in Metal/C so it can be used in any language that can knock-up the
> mappings. This could easily be offload to a zIIP.

​Thanks for the pointer. This is a "on my own" project which has been put
on the "back burner"​. I'm fighting a hardware upgrade issue at home right
now. I think the SATA interface on the motherboard of one of my systems is
getting flaky. And the old, IDE, CD-ROM has gone totally silent, along with
the main HD getting a lot of read errors. So I put in  some more memroy, a
512 MiB SSD, and 2 (older) SATA HDs I had laying around; ordered new PCIe
SATA controller & DVD burner. I did a fresh install of RedHat Fedora on the
SSD. Now in the process of re-installing all the software. Whew! Not easy
for a man with arthritis.

--

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown