On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 7:49 AM, Nathan Astle <tcpipat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> The System is not yet fully up and it is failing at the Security product

​So I take it that you can't logon to TSO or a UNIX shell at this point on
this system.

> start up. I can see the Catalog services are available.

​Ah. not a RACF shop. I remember long ago in an ACF2 shop that I had a
problem allocating the ACF2 rules data set. What I had to do there was
totally remove the catalog entry and start up ACF2 in "fail safe" mode. Or
something like that. This was over 20 years ago, so it's a bit fuzzy. What
I might try, since your ESM is not up, is to put a PROC in SYS1.PROCLIB
which looks something like:

//NOTHING PROC
//NOTHING EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
//NOTHING DD DISP=SHR,DSN=QWS.​SEC.RULES

And then see what happens when you do the command: S NOTHING,SUB=MSTR This
might, or might not, give you some more information. Is JES2/3 up? If so,
is the SPOOL shared so that you can see the new system's MVS SYSLOG on the
old system. Or are you using the OPERLOG, and if so, can you view that on
the old system?