On Fri, 4 Sep 2015 00:15:07 -0500, Tim Hare wrote:

>Yes - exactly - we had a talk with the hogsters,  but that after-the-fact
>action really doesn't calm down managers who are freaking out because work
>can't be submitted while it's happening.  We ended up, I think, ensuring that
>the maximum number of internal readers was greater than the maximum number of
>TSO users plus some amount for other use.

Better add the maximum number of processes UNIX users can start.  After
a half century, IBM has finally arrived in the world of multiprocessing.

>The suggestion of FREE=CLOSE is a good one, the person who wrote the CLIST
>that did this really didn't research anything much, I don't even know where
>they got the idea to do ALLOC of an INTRDR rather than using SUBMIT.

Perhaps they read the manual?  People are often telling each other to do that.

If you want users to restrict themselves to the SUBMIT command, you should
submit RFEs to:

o Relax the fixed-80 restriction imposed by SUBMIT but not by INTRDR.

o SUBMIT from DDNAMES, UNIX files, and POSIX pipes, all of which are
  supported by INTRDR but not by SUBMIT.

-- gil