On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 1:20 AM, Paul Gilmartin
<0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
> I supported that position.  But I'll also speak from the other side of
> my mouth.  For example, HLASM prints a PTF level in its signon page.
> This implies that every PTF is a level set: it SUPersedes its immediate
> predecessor even if it doesn't replace unchanged CSECTs.
>
> From the developer's point of view, suppose I supply 10 PTFS which
> I believe are noninteracting.  No PREs; no SUPs; they satisfy SMP/E's
> criteria; no BYPASS( ID ) needed because each modifies a different
> CSECT.  With APPLY SELECT( ...  ) a customer can install any of over
> 1000 different configurations.  Of these, how many can he be confident
> the vendor has tested.  Realistically, with luck, 11.
>
> -- gil

A minimal consistent set of patches would require: One member contains
the overall PTF level.  Every PTF verifies for the previous PTF and
updates it.  Instead of zapping all members with the PTF even if not
changed.

--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA