>What bugs me is that z/OS 1.13 systems are not exposed
>to this defect yet IBM created an aparfix for 1.13.

Any application, whether customer-owned, ISV-owned, or IBM-owned could be
using this service (which has been in z/OS since z/OS 1.10).  IBM has no
idea what might fit into those first two categories. Thus I would think it
would be in everyone's best interest to get this PTF and apply it, if for
no other reason than to avoid having to figure out if you truly care.

The IBM use in LE apparently is new with z/OS 2.1.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design