On 30 October 2015 at 07:02, Elardus Engelbrecht
<elardus.engelbre...@sita.co.za> wrote:
> As I have said in March 2013 - "We have a trophy just for such disasters. The
> new owner keeps it until another
> person makes an error..."

Well it seems to be war-story Friday. When I started as a junior
sysprog 40-something years ago, my office was next to the IBM CEs'
office. (Remember when every shop had an on-site CE team...?) They had
a long shaft and a couple of hefty gears from a 1403 printer, mounted
on a little wooden plinth, the whole lot spray-painted gold and
labeled The Golden Shaft Award.

It was not awarded often, but all of IBM CEs, support, operations, and
sysprogs were eligble.

These days I'm thinking that such an award would be better reserved
for the C-suite people...

Tony H.