On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 17:57:46 -0600, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 03:06:10 -0700, Lizette Koehler wrote:
>>
>>Is there another process that could be used to identify the OLDEST GDG for
>>Input
>>and then delete that GDG?  Or is there another way to handle this situation?
>>was going to see if the LISTC could be faster than CSI.

Naively, I'd expect that LISTCAT use CSI, or something very similar.

>For CSI, I find a SHARE presentation about a year old:
>    https://share.confex.com/share/122/webprogram/Session14633.html
>
>Which mentions SYS1.SAMPLIB(IGGCSIRX).  Trying that, it returns GDG bases
>but not members.  Or I don't know enough about catalogs to supply the
>correct filters.

Looking further at:
z/OS 2.1.0>z/OS DFSMS>z/OS DFSMS Managing Catalogs>Catalog Search Interface
User's Guide>Selection Criteria Fields
z/OS DFSMS Managing Catalogs
SC23-6853-00
... the field descriptions seem to be garbled.  I see:

132(84)         Character       1       CSIDTYPS        Entry types to be
returned. All types = blanks

... one character.  But in the detail below, I see:
    CSIDTYPS, Entry Types
    The valid types can be mixed and in any order. Blanks cannot separate the
types. For instance,
    “ABH” might be specified to get only the non-VSAM, generation data group
and generation
    data set entries.

... multiple characters.

-- gil