From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Brennan
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 5:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: Fastest way to read OLDEST GDG entry

Paul Gilmartin wrote:
> Naively, I'd expect that LISTCAT use CSI, or something very similar.

Years ago a Storage Admin mentioned that his "List every dataset"
nightly job was running more than an hour.  I was playing around with CSI at
the time (via assembler) and modified some existing code to list every alias,
and then every dsn under each alias.  I think the result ran in less than 5
minutes, so at the time I assumed LISTCAT wasn't calling CSI.  Maybe things
have changed though.