Paul Gilmartin wrote:

>RECEIVE is extraordinarily ill-suited to automation:
>o The user has no a priori control over which spool file will be RECEIVEd.
>o The user must be present to reply to a prompt.

That is very true. JES2 simply gives to you what it seemed to be the first. I
could not find the reason/algorithm for how RECEIVE and JES2 decide what to
present to the receiver.

I recommend using FTP instead of XMIT/RECEIVE for another reason - Speed and no
filling up of JES2 spool.

>TSO developers (are there any such?) would do well to learn from CMS.
>How about: RECEIVE [JOB(jobID[.dsid])] [REPLY('reply-string')]

Well, ask IBM [formally of course]! Perhaps they can review your suggestion.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht