On 13 January 2016 at 13:37, Paul Gilmartin
<0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
> In most ISPF panels I can type "=option" to move quickly to another panel.
> However, in the SMP/E panels, such as "=3.4" gets me not to DSLIST, but
> to an "Enter only those selections specified" message.

It's not unique to SMP/E - IPCS and ISMF behave the same way, but
others such as SDSF and RACF don't. It can be useful either way, e.g.
in IPCS to go from browsing storage to looking at the trace table
using "=2.7.4". A matter of chacun à son gout.

> Grrr.  Is there a workaround?  In fact, can I get out of SMP/E by any means
> other than repeatedly entering the END command?

The IPCS main menu has an X option, so "=X" from anywhere in IPCS gets
you all the way out. Surely SMP/E just needs an X option on its main
menu.

Tony H.