From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Elardus Engelbrecht
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:15 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Why doesn't "="option work in SMP/E panels?

Vernooij, CP (ITOPT1) - KLM wrote:

>That is the only technically correct answer. For that reason I have macro
>button in my terminal emulator that does: =x;=x;=x;=x;=x;=x;=x;=x; to get back
>home from wherever you are.

About SMP/E Primary Option Menu which is coded with "&ZPRIM = YES", it is
indeed the correct answer.

PF2 + PF9 to split and swap is also a good alternative method.

As others also said, ISMF and IPCS also do that.

Because of that, I have added several 'shortcut commands' in option =3.9
'application command table'. There you can go to another application on top of
SMP/E, ISMF, SDSF, Bookmanager, RACF, whatever.

Then you go recursively back to your previous application. For example, someone
in a storage group sees a message in SDSF, he then goes to ISMF (that's the
command ISMF!), works on ISMF, then exit ISMF back to SDSF. After that he can
works on SDSF.

Of course, that eats memory, but memory is cheap-cheap! ;-)

>Further, we have a lot of handy commands to go directly to useful functions.
>From any panel I can enter: DSL to invoke the DSLIST panel directly.

Also using =3.9 in TSO?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

"I get no respect from my wife, I once fell asleep with a cigarette in my hand.
She lit it." (Rodney Dangerfield)